This weeks interview is with Patricia Wickman, founder, director, and principal instructor for the Radiant Living Online School of Ayurveda in San Antonio TX. She delights in sharing knowledge and wisdom with her students and clients. Patricia is first of her discipline to be a part of the Preparedness Radio Network! She is a:
- Registered Yoga Teacher
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner
- Certified Panchakarma Technician
Patricia can be reached at: contact [at] rlyaa [dot] com. She conducts her personal teaching and studies at:
San Antonio Yoga Center
11011 Shaenfield Rd.
San Antonio, TX 78254
- Registered Yoga Teacher –– YOGA is a process of balancing all aspects of life with “mindful action.” A wonderfully beneficial tool when used properly, if misused can be harmful. Yoga is not an athletic activity and is not practiced as such. Patricia accomplished her yoga teacher training at the 250-hour level at the Soma Yoga Studio (Salt Lake City UT). She has been teaching yoga for ten years.
- Certified Ayurvedic Practitioner––studied Ayurveda for three years (1,498 hours) at the Kanyakumari Ayurveda and Wellness Center (Milwaukee WI) and has been an Ayurvedic Practitioner for 6 years. Patricia has worked privately with more than 350 clients, providing them with:
- Ayurvedic Body Work to provide body therapies.
- Ayurvedic consultations and at-home cleansing and rejuvenating programs
- Panchakarma Therapy––guided dozens of people through full panchakarma training and treatment
Her life is helping others add a dimension of self-mastery to their lives. She feels we’ll certainly need those skills and techniques as the pressures of life continue to increase and demand new personal and family behavioral and management modalities and skills. She’s sure no one will have too many means or methods to deal with the effects of future political, financial, economic, mental/emotional, moral, and perhaps even the physical aspects of the ever-changing American society. There will always be the threats of natural (i.e. weather-related or geological) disasters, man-caused disasters, and of course, the constant incidence of personal disasters….!!!
Patricia has a degree in French language and taught it for 6 years at two Universities and various elementary and middle schools. She currently lives in San Antonio, TX with her husband and two children. Her husband is a professor at the University of Texas–San Antonio.